Julie Buzby, DVM, CAVCA, CVA
Founder, Dr. Buzby's ToeGrips
Dr. Julie Buzby graduated from Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 1997 and began her career caring for dogs, cats and horses. To augment her Western training, she earned certification by the American Veterinary Chiropractic Association in 1998, and by the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society in 2002. As she broadened her field of expertise, she cultivated a passion for canine posture and lameness and became a zealous advocate for appropriate canine nail care.
In 2000, Julie opened her own veterinary clinic to put her passion for integrative veterinary medicine into practice. After selling her clinic in 2008, she and her family moved to Beaufort, SC, where she continues to practice part-time. As an integrative veterinarian, Julie seeks to integrate the best of Western medicine, alternative therapies, and creative tools for maximum wellness in her patients.
Julie is the Ask the Vet columnist for the All Things Dog Blog and is on the Advisory Board for the Grey Muzzle Organization.
Why dogs need ToeGrips
The mission of Dr. Buzby’s ToeGrips is to improve quality of life for senior and special needs dogs by:
• Providing instant traction on hard-surface floors and stairs
• Reducing the risk of slip-and-fall injuries
• Improving mental/emotional health through confident mobility and enhanced stability
• Providing proprioceptive stimulus for central nervous system input
• Giving peace of mind to the people who love them